Florida star GREATEST HONOUR has been ruled out of the Kentucky Derby (G1) on May 1 and will be off for 60 days according to Daily Racing Form. The Holy Bull and Fountain of Youth Stakes winner was considered one of the top contenders but trainer Shug McGaughey said he has not been happy with the colt since his defeat in the Florida Derby (G1).
Also out of the Derby is UAE Derby winner Rebel’s Romance, who will be pointed to the Belmont Stakes (G1).
A field of 20 is allowed in the Derby field and the top point earners are listed below.
This Saturday April 10, the last major Derby stepping stone race, the Arkansas Derby (G1), worth a whopping $1 million, takes place at Oaklawn Park; post time 7:41 p.m. Eastern.
The race has just 6 horses in the field and CONCERT TOUR is even-money in the morning line and is undefeated in three races for Gary and Mary West and trainer Bob Baffert.
Also Saturday is the Grade 3 Lexington Stakes, which offers 20 points to the Derby.
Godolphin’s Proxy, by Tapit and Paul Reddam’s Hockey Dad are top contenders in that race.
Rank Horse Points Owner(s) Trainer Non-Restricted Stakes Earnings
1. Essential Quality 140 Godolphin LLC (Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum) Brad Cox $2,210,000
2. Hot Rod Charlie 110 Roadrunner Racing (Greg Helm), Boat Racing LLC (Eric Armagost, Dan Giovaccini, Reiley Higgins, Patrick O’Neill & Alex Quoyeser) & Strauss Bros Racing (Bill Strauss) Doug O’Neill $962,000
3. Like the King 104 M Racing Group LLC (Mickey Gonzalez) Wesley Ward $161,300
4. Known Agenda 102 St. Elias Stable (Vincent Viola) Todd Pletcher $461,100
— g-Rebel’s Romance (IRE) 100 Godolphin LLC (Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum) Charlie Appleby $510,000
5. Rock Your World 100 Hronis Racing LLC (Kosta & Pete Hronis) & David Michael Talla John Sadler $510,000
6. Bourbonic 100 Calumet Farm (Brad Kelley) Todd Pletcher $400,000
— Greatest Honour 80 Courtlandt Farms (Donald & Donna Adam) Shug McGaughey III $366,240
7. Medina Spirit 74 Zedan Racing Stables Inc. (Amr F. Zedan) Bob Baffert $290,000
8. Midnight Bourbon 66 Winchell Thoroughbreds LLC (Ron Winchell) Steve Asmussen $430,000
Life Is Good 60 CHC INC (Kit Ng) & WinStar Farm LLC (Kenny Troutt) Bob Baffert $240,000
9. $-Weyburn (Ont-C) 60 Chiefswood Stables Limited (Robert & Mark Krembil) Jimmy Jerkens $215,000
10. Mandaloun 52 Juddmonte Farms Inc. (Garret O’Rourke, Administrator) Brad Cox $270,000
11. Concert Tour 50 Gary & Mary West Bob Baffert $720,000
12. Highly Motivated 50 Klaravich Stables Inc. (Seth Klarman) Chad Brown $271,000
13. $-Helium 50 D J Stable LLC (Leonard Green) Mark Casse $255,492
14. $-Panadol 40 Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum Salem bin Ghadayer $240,000
15. Soup and Sandwich 40 Live Oak Plantation (Charlotte C. Weber) Mark Casse $161,000
16. Dynamic One 40 Repole Stable (Mike Repole), Phipps Stable & St. Elias Stable (Vincent Viola)
Todd Pletcher $140,000
17. Crowded Trade 40 Klaravich Stables Inc. (Seth Klarman) Chad Brown $135,000
18. Sainthood 40 WinStar Farm LLC (Kenny Troutt) & CHC Inc. (Kit Ng) Todd Pletcher $47,500
19. Rombauer 34 John & Diane Fradkin Michael McCarthy $260,500
20. Proxy 34 Godolphin LLC (Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum) Mike Stidham $160,000
On the Bubble:
21. Hidden Stash 32 BBN Racing LLC (Ann Braxton Lynch) Vicki Oliver $130,000
22. Dream Shake 30 Exline-Border Racing LLC (Ryan Exline & Justin Border), SAF Racing & Richard Hausman
Peter Eurton $126,000
23. O Besos 25 L. Barrett Bernard, Tagg Team Racing & West Point Thoroughbreds (Terry Finley et al)
Greg Foley $116,000
Drain the Clock 20 Slam Dunk Racing (Nick Cosato), Madaket Stables LLC (Jason Monteleone & Sol Kumin), Wonder Stables (Marc Lore) & Michael Nentwig Saffie Joseph Jr. $273,950
— +g-New Treasure (IRE) 20 Prince Faisal bin Khaled bin Abdulaziz John Gosden $271,245
24. Hozier 20 SF Racing LLC (Gavin Murphy), Starlight Racing (Jack Wolf et al), Madaket Stables LLC (Jason Monteleone & Sol Kumin), Stonestreet Stables LLC (Barbara Banke), Golconda Stables (Ben
Goldberg & Elliot Friman), Siena Farm LLC (Anthony Manganaro, Ignacio Patino & David Pope) & Robert E. Masterson Bob Baffert $200,000
25. $-Hockey Dad 20 Reddam Racing LLC (J. Paul Reddam) Doug O’Neill $19,000