Talks with Hastings Racecourse and Horsemen’s Association on securing an opening date and racing schedule are on going. Hopefully soon we can announce a live racing season for 2020.
This coming Friday the clockers will once again take their positions and we will have recorded works on Friday, Saturday and Sundays only. Trainers who wish to have recorded works will have to work on Friday- Sunday from 6:00am – 10:30am until further notice.
Hastings Racecourse management and the horsemen’s association have come to an agreement to allow owners on Friday, Saturday and Sundays from 6:00am to 10:30am starting next Friday , May 22nd to enable owners watch their horses work on the Tarmac in front of the grandstand. Owners may enter the grandstand coming thru Gate 6 just below the Pacific Coliseum. Park their cars in the VIP Parking lot just behind the Marquee Tent and enter thru a gate at the east end of VIP Lot. The gate will be locked at 10:30am each day. But please be reminded owners are not allowed on the backstretch only essential workers as list below. There is plenty of room on the tarmac so please assure we practice social distancing of at least 6ft.
We thank Hastings Racecourse for this concession to allow our owners to watch their horses work or train on weekends.
Protocol for Hastings Barn Area
Hastings barn area re-opens on May 1st 2020 at 6:00 a.m. Horses may ship in from this time forward.
1. The racing surface will open for training on May 2, 2020.
2. Training hours will be from 6:00am to 10:30am, with one break from 8:00am to 8:30am Tuesday through Sunday inclusive. The Track will be closed on Mondays.
3. Only licensed Essentials Personnel will be allowed entry to the barn area, which includes:
• Exercise Riders
• Assistant Trainers
• Pony Riders
• Ambulance Personnel
• GPEB Officials
• Out Riders
• Hastings Employees
• Trackers Employees,
• HBPA Feed store employees
6. Owners, Jockey Agents and guests are not permitted entry to the barn area at this time.
7. All Essential Personnel must comply with Physical and Social Distancing Rules and Personal Hygiene as set out by the Provincial Health Officer for British Columbia.
8. All personnel must abide by any Hastings Racecourse health & safety requirements and COVID-19 precautionary measures. This includes but is not limited to:
• Passive and self-screening at the barn area entrance.
• Hastings Racecourse’s provided signage of protocol at all entrances of the backstretch must be visible
• Stay home when ill or when a family member in the household is ill, and self-isolate/isolate as advised by provincial health authorities
• Maintain strict physical distancing of at least two (2) metres (or six (6) feet)
• Strict hand handwashing and hygiene when on site
• Report any suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 immediately to the HBPA, security gate personnel and Michael Zerebeski (General Manager)
7. Tracker’s cafeteria will be open for take-out only and abide by all Provincial orders and WorkSafeBC requirements.