Woodbine Entertainment’s racing department issued the following qualifications for its incentive program for horsepeople acquiring horses to race at Woodbine early in the season.
Race Ready horses (3YO and upward) that have been purchased or claimed and have never raced
or stabled at Woodbine before, and have made 1 start in the last six months (October 1st, 2020)
ending April 1st, 2021 in a race at the $25,000 claiming level or higher (Pre-Purchase), in a jurisdiction other than Ontario, are eligible for the following incentives:
- $1,000 shipping allowance per horse, payable upon entering an allocated stall on the Woodbine
backstretch on or before April 17th, 2021 and makes at least one start on or before June 6th, 2021. $1,500 per start the new horse makes at Woodbine between the dates of, April 17th 2021 and June
6 th, 2021 up to a maximum of 3 starts.
- Applications must be submitted by the owner or trainer of qualified horses to the Woodbine Race
Office by April 17th, 2021
- All transfers of ownership must be submitted to the race office by April 17th,2021
- Any transfers of ownership after application is submitted will disqualify any incentives going forward
in this program.
- Open to all local horsemen (Owners) who stabled at Woodbine during the 2020 season for at least 3
consecutive months and have at least one horse on the stall application for the 2021 season at
Woodbine (all owners in Partnership or Stables must have had a horse at Woodbine for 3
consecutive months in 2020 for their horse to be eligible).
- If any eligible horse is claimed between April 17th, 2021 and June 6th, 2021 it will be disqualified
from any incentives going forward in this program.
- All payments will be made after June 20th, 2021 at the conclusion of the program.
*The Horse Acquisition Incentive Program will be capped when it reaches the maximum allotment*
Total available incentive value per horse: $5,500.
WEG, at its sole discretion, may make changes to this Horse Acquisition Incentive Program of any
nature and kind whatsoever, including terms, conditions and incentive amounts. Program participants
agree to be bound by any such changes.
Failure to provide the necessary supporting documentation as requested by WEG and/or failure to fulfill
Program requirements may result in ineligibility for the Program and the legal requirement to reimburse
WEG for any Program funds received in addition to a 20% administrative penalty.
555 Rexdale Blvd. P.O. Box 156 Toronto ON, Canada M9W 5L2 Woodbine.com
WEG may at any time verify the information provided on the application. If this verification reveals
information that is not in keeping with the criteria of the Program, the applicant will be required to return any amounts issued to the applicant by the Program.